Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Nature Journal on Sixth St. at GT

Date: March 2, 2011
Weather: Sunny day in coming Spring
Description of Clouds: Brushing white on the canvas
Place: On Sixth St. at Georgia Tech campus

What do you see?

A banana is holding in my hand, a squirrel is jumping on the street, and cars are in parking lot.
The shadow of my moving hand is on the paper.
People are walking, running topless, and driving....People move a lot.

What do you hear?

Birds are singing loudly, cars' engine are passing by, and leaves are flapping each other.

What do you smell?

The grass and the mud are around me, the sunshine is on my jacket.

What are you touching/feeling with your fingers?

My fingers are sticky from holding banana, the sunshine warm my back and my right cheek.
I feel like sitting on the cold stone.

Questions?

I saw a girl and a boy who drove to school together.
"Are they a couple or just brother and sister?"

Birds were singing loudly.
"Who do these birds choose to stay at GT campus rather than other prettier places in Georgia?"

A boy asked me the direction of the #33 building on the map.
"How can I have stayed here for six months and have no idea about the direction on campus?"

4 comments:

  1. Dear YuChieh. The things you observed are so detail. Every time some one asks me the direction, I am always embarrassed cuz it is easy for me to be lost even just walk. I dont know why those persons choose me......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jing... Yeah! I also have problem on finding the direction on English map!!! You are not alone! We are good friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear BLUEBERRY CELLOPHANE--you make it easy for me to picture you on your "nature" observation post. I think your eyes and heart are always observing and processing and making everything you see into an image or story.

    I believe you are a story teller--one who can use words or images to intrigue yourself and your listeners!

    Why do these birds stay in the city? Great question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hallelujah Truth,
    I really enjoy the way we created our writings in class a lot! I'll try to keep writing in English in the future. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete