Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goodbye, No Matter How Wonderful You Are, or You Aren’t...


Goodbye, My humid home which is shadowed by the puzzle roads.

Goodbye, the surprises from my Mommy’s kitchen that I guessed and enjoyed a lot.

Goodbye, the school bell rang slowly from 200 meters away and reminded me of those innocent days.

Goodbye, the warm sunshine in the spring afternoon reflected on my backpack and illuminated my way.

GOODBYE! The dizzy street in the evening where you and I imagined pictures of the bright future.






Goodbye, the humid and wet summer that I did not want to stay outside more than a second.

Goodbye, the contiguous complaints came from friends about her jobs or her boyfriends.

Goodbye, the company where employees had to spend more than 10 hours a day and stayed in the cold concrete building without productivity.

Goodbye, the banal news on television which released excessive trivial things for everybody.


GOODBYE! Those people who merely care about how good school they graduated from or how wealthy or famous their family are.



Photograph:Smalllie(the sweet one), Yu Chieh Liu(the wither one)

3 comments:

  1. Ah...the contrasts! You have captured them so well in your words and images. How sweet is the strawberry and the flowers too, but they have wilted as we all will in our time, and like our memories.

    I find it intriguing that you your memory of your home holds so much "humidity." Does humidity always make you feel bad? Or can it be a good feeling too?

    How sweet and sad is it that we go from the innocent days of being in our "mommy's kitchen" to working in a "cold concrete building."

    I long to hear the school bells...can we maintain our innocence? Can you?

    Your writing pulls me in and holds me, always leaving me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "GOODBYE! Those people who (...) care about how (...) how wealthy or famous their family are."-- I guess life, daily life, people, daily activities, aren't that different in the other part of the atmosphere far away from my country...

    I can really sense the hot humid weather and the streets...hope you wrote a little bit more about those things blue girl !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hallelujah Truth..
    Humidity is one of the most memorable parts in Taiwan for me... when I was in Taiwan, I hated the slippery floor from humidity, but now..that's one thing reminds me of my country. Life's weird but interesting, never know what would happen.... :)

    Dear Clara... I agree with you that every kind of people is everywhere.... Fortunately, we can choose what kind of people we'll be.

    ReplyDelete