Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Litany I - You


You are the moon and the shade,
and the fox and the track.
You are the wind shaking the tree house
and the wet merging into the window.
You are the cactus and its striking red flower
and the thorn suddenly out of the stalk.

However, you are not the reflection of the sun,
the bubbles along side the shell,
or the juice in the coconut.
And you are certainly not the escalating salty vapor.
There is no way you are the escalating salty vapor.

It is possible that you are the only fireflies beside the river,
maybe even the last star in the dawn,
but you are not even close
to being the sound of sparks in the burning fire wood.

And a quick look in the mirror will show
That you are neither the lion in the grasslands
nor the lion in the withering castle.

It might interest you to know,
speaking of the plentiful imagery of the world,
that I am the rose on another unknown planet.

I also happen to be the cloud turning into grey,
the bird forgetting the lost feather,
and the waving light under the vibrant leaves.

I am also the echo from the valley,
and the branch fading in the end.
But don’t  worry, I am not the moon and the shade.
You are still the moon and the shade.
You are always the moon and the shade.
not to mention the fox and – somehow the track.


Photograph: Zjim

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lover of Peace and Passion, your blog deepens in beauty and expression. I'm in awe of the litany that you have written here! Your metaphors and fresh--they surprise me and take my breath away! I especially admire these: "the branch fading at the end," the bird forgetting the lost feather," and the "fireflies beside the river."

    Your words make me feel sad for something that you have lost. Did you lose something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruth, YES! You feel what I exactly want to express by this litany! "You" in the litany is so outstanding but mysterious that I can not accept anymore. That's why I said "I am the cloud turning into grey" and changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete