Friday, April 1, 2011

A Letter to the Blue Bird


blue%20bird%20on%20bush-small.jpg


Dear Blue Bird,

In the morning in Pinckney Island, Hilton Head, SC.
My first time to see you in person through a visitor's telescope.
You were such a brilliant blue bird, staying on a little box and taking a rest. 
So tiny that I hardly observed you.
What still remains in my eyes is the color on your feather was outstanding from the overwhelming green forest. 
Are you a real bird? I can't stop to ask myself because of your amazement.
Not being able to forget the moment that I saw you through the telescope, even though it endured just 10 seconds. 


Finally, you opened your wings and flied away.

I'm not sure weather you were happy in Pinckney Island or not. However, I'm sure I was glad to see you there!


Where could I see you again?

Take care! a passenger, blue bird.
Good Bye.

Yu Chieh




photograph: Pat & Sharon O'Toole



3 comments:

  1. 大爱图片。你真的很喜欢blue诶,什么blueberry,blue bird...
    期待你的下一次更新。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Blueberry Cellophane, the blue bird has always been a powerful and hence a special symbol in my life. I am so glad you got to see one here in the US! I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing! I had never noticed birds when I was in Taiwan, but now, I try to be aware of details in my life!!! :)

    ReplyDelete